Jenna Bush Hager gives birth to 1st child, Mila
DALLAS (AP) - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former President George W. Bush has become a grandfather.
His twin daughter Jenna Bush Hager gave birth to her first child, a daughter, on Saturday night in New York City.
The former president announced the birth in a statement Sunday. The baby's name is Margaret Laura "Mila" Hager.
Jenna Bush Hager is a contributing correspondent for the "Today" show. She's married to Henry Hager.
The former president says the baby was named for her grandmothers.
He says he and former first lady Laura Bush met their "beautiful granddaughter today," adding, "Jenna and Mila are healthy. And our family is elated."
This is a big month for the family. The George W. Bush Presidential Center will be dedicated April 25 on the campus of Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
texas, george w bush, national/world
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish