Infant's body is found in Minn. hospital's linens
RED WING, Minn. (AP) - April 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Minnesota hospital is apologizing for mishandling a stillborn baby who was discovered at a laundry service.
Regions Hospital in St. Paul says the body was found in a sheet Tuesday at a laundry service in Red Wing, about 45 miles southeast of the city. The hospital says the remains had been wrapped in linens in its morgue and were mistaken for laundry that was to be sent for cleaning.
Hospital officials say the baby was stillborn at 22 weeks development.
The hospital calls it a "terrible mistake" and is extending "deep apologies" to the family. It's also offering counseling to employees of the linen service.
Chief nursing officer Chris Boese says the hospital has procedures that should've prevented the mistake and is working to ensure it doesn't happen again.
minnesota, baby death, national/world
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 54 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 3 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 31 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 4 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 55 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
58 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos