Bruins game with Ottawa postponed after Boston explosions
BOSTON (AP) - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- The NHL says Monday night's game between the Ottawa Senators and Boston Bruins at TD Garden has been postponed in the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombings.
No makeup date has been scheduled.
The league says it "wishes to express its sympathy to all affected by the tragic events that took place in Boston earlier this afternoon."
Two bombs exploded near the finish line of the marathon on Monday, killing two people, injuring 23 others, and sending authorities rushing to aid wounded spectators. A senior U.S. intelligence official said two other explosive devices were found nearby.
boston, massachusetts, explosion, washington, d.c., president barack obama, national/world
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 8 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 47 min ago
- Temps Soar