Lawyers: Bombing suspect's wife assisting inquiry
NORTH KINGSTOWN, R.I. (AP) - April 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lawyers for the wife of the deceased Boston Marathon bombing suspect say she is doing everything she can to assist authorities.
But they wouldn't say Tuesday if Katherine Tsarnaeva, widow of Tamerlan Tsarnaev, has spoken to investigators yet.
Providence attorneys Amato DeLuca and Miriam Weizenbaum issued a statement Tuesday saying Tsnarnaeva is deeply mourning the bombing victims. They say that Tsarnaeva and her family were in shock when they learned of allegations against her husband and brother-in-law, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
The lawyers say Tsarnaeva, whose toddler is the daughter of the late suspect, is "trying to come to terms with these events."
DeLuca told the Associated Press on Sunday that federal investigators want to speak with his client. They wouldn't comment Tuesday beyond the statement.
boston marathon bombing, national/world
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 17 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 50 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber