Body found in RI park may be that of Brown student Sunil Tripathi
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - April 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Rhode Island medical examiner's office is trying to determine whether a body found in Providence is that of a missing Brown University student.
City police say members of Brown's crew team found the body Tuesday afternoon in waters off a city park.
Authorities say the man appeared to be in his 20s. Cmdr. Thomas Oates says there are indications it could be 22-year-old Sunil Tripathi, who disappeared in March. He declined to elaborate.
Relatives of Tripathi, who's from Bryn Mawr, Pa., have been searching for him with help from the FBI and Brown students.
Tripathi's family says he was on leave from the Ivy League school and living with classmates in Providence.
The medical examiner's office was planning an autopsy for Wednesday. Oates said identification wasn't expected until Thursday.
rhode island, body found, missing person, national/world
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 29 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 8 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 36 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
55 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
8 min ago