200 sickened after dining at Vegas restaurant
LAS VEGAS (AP) - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A new report shows 200 people reported food poisoning symptoms after dining at one of Las Vegas' most popular restaurants about a block off the Strip.
Southern Nevada Health District data released Friday show the salmonella outbreak at the Firefly restaurant in late April was more extensive than previously thought. An earlier report showed nearly 90 people sick.
Officials say patrons reporting illness hailed from 20 different states and two foreign countries.
Investigators say they haven't pinpointed a menu item or ingredient that's the likely culprit. Inspectors who visited the restaurant on April 26 documented food stored at improper temperatures and employees handling food without gloves.
The restaurant was one of Vegas' most highly rated eateries on the review site Yelp.com. Health District spokeswoman Stephanie Bethel says it was shuttered April 26 and remains closed.
las vegas, food, salmonella, national/world
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expressway crash 14 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep