Boy dies after being run over by Texas school bus
SPRINGTOWN, Texas (AP) - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 10-year-old boy has died after being run over while trying to catch the school bus in North Texas.
The Department of Public Safety says the accident happened Monday morning near Springtown, about 20 miles northwest of Fort Worth.
Trooper Gary Rozzell identified the victim as Haven Lee Norton of Springtown.
Rozzell says the Springtown Independent School District bus stopped to pick up some children. The bus was pulling away when the boy tripped and fell as he tried to reach the vehicle. The driver apparently didn't see the boy, who died at the scene after being run over.
Rozzell says the bus had a driver, a co-driver and four children. DPS doesn't believe those students saw the accident.
Springtown ISD officials say counselors are available.
texas, school bus, child death, national/world
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?