DUI charges filed against limo driver after prom
GLEN ELLYN, Ill. (AP) - May 14, 2103 (WPVI) -- A limousine driver who was allegedly drunk when he drove more than 20 suburban Chicago teenagers to a prom says he wasn't intoxicated and that mechanical problems caused his erratic driving.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports that Richard L. Madison says the wheels of the party bus he was driving were out of alignment. He says that caused it to move erratically Saturday night as he drove the teens to high school prom in DuPage County.
But student Kelsey Dano described a frightening ride. She says Madison backed into a ditch and slammed his foot on the brakes several times.
The 54-year-old Palos Hills resident was charged with drunken driving and reckless conduct. Madison tells the paper he was arrested after taking a breath test.
DUI, teens, illinois, national/world
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos