Soldier in sexual assault office accused of abuse
WASHINGTON (AP) - May 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Army says the coordinator of a sexual assault prevention program at Fort Hood, Texas, is under investigation for "abusive sexual contact" and other alleged misconduct. He has been suspended from all duties.
The announcement Wednesday evening came just days after the arrest of the Air Force's head of sexual assault prevention on charges of groping a woman in a northern Virginia parking lot.
The Army said a sergeant first class, whose name was not released, is accused of pandering, abusive sexual contact, assault and maltreatment of subordinates.
He had been assigned as an equal opportunity adviser and coordinator of a sexual harassment-assault prevention program at the Army's 3rd Corps headquarters at Fort Hood when the allegation arose.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ordered the Army to fully investigate.
washington, d.c., sex assault, army, national/world
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 4 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 26 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 31 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 42 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
37 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
4 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
26 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
31 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos