Report: FBI agent fatally shoots associate of Boston Bombing suspects
ORLANDO, Fla. - May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- According to ABC News, an FBI agent was conducting an interview with an associate of the Boston Marathon Bombing suspects when he felt threatened and opened fire, killing the man.
The incident happened Tuesday night at an apartment complex near Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.
The agent, who was from Boston, was accompanied by other law enforcement officers when they raided the man's apartment.
A law enforcement official explained to ABC News that the man, who was an alleged "associate" of the Tsarnaev brothers, was cooperating with authorities when things suddenly escalated.
"There was some sort of aggressive movement that led the FBI agent to believe he was under threat and he opened fire," the law enforcement official said.
The dead man is identified as Ibragim Todashev.
The FBI issued a statement confirming that a shooting had taken place in the large Florida city, saying, "the agent encountered the suspect while conducting official duties... The suspect is deceased."
More information on the incident is expected to be released later today.
orlando, florida, boston marathon bombing, shooting, fbi, national/world
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 18 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
18 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos