Report: FBI agent fatally shoots associate of Boston Bombing suspects
ORLANDO, Fla. - May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- According to ABC News, an FBI agent was conducting an interview with an associate of the Boston Marathon Bombing suspects when he felt threatened and opened fire, killing the man.
The incident happened Tuesday night at an apartment complex near Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.
The agent, who was from Boston, was accompanied by other law enforcement officers when they raided the man's apartment.
A law enforcement official explained to ABC News that the man, who was an alleged "associate" of the Tsarnaev brothers, was cooperating with authorities when things suddenly escalated.
"There was some sort of aggressive movement that led the FBI agent to believe he was under threat and he opened fire," the law enforcement official said.
The dead man is identified as Ibragim Todashev.
The FBI issued a statement confirming that a shooting had taken place in the large Florida city, saying, "the agent encountered the suspect while conducting official duties... The suspect is deceased."
More information on the incident is expected to be released later today.
orlando, florida, boston marathon bombing, shooting, fbi, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 6 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 28 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 25 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
6 min ago