Teen shot at Rhode Island kindergarten graduation party
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - June 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Providence are searching for a group of youths who showed up uninvited to a kindergarten graduation party and shot one of the guests.
Police say 16-year-old Ny'asia Lawrence was shot in the back on Sunday and is being treated at Hasbro Children's Hospital.
Police say an argument began when Lawrence's mother told an uninvited guest at her nephew's kindergarten graduation party to either leave or pay for the food he was eating.
They say the youth left but came back to the home with a group of friends, one of whom had a gun and began shooting.
Lawrence was the only one injured.
Police have not made any arrests.
rhode island, shooting, teens, national/world
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 5 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 48 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 18 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
48 min ago