Protester interrupts Michelle Obama at fundraiser
WASHINGTON (AP) - June 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- First lady Michelle Obama threatened to leave a nighttime fundraiser unless a protester quit interrupting her speech.
Mrs. Obama was speaking Tuesday evening at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser in Washington. According to a pool report from a reporter who attended the event, an audience member started shouting in support of an executive order on gay rights halfway through Mrs. Obama's remarks.
Mrs. Obama moved toward the protester and said the person would either, quote, "listen to me or you can take the mic, but I'm leaving."
The crowd started shouting for Mrs. Obama to stay. The protester was then escorted out of the event.
michelle obama, protest, national/world
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 56 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 15 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
56 min ago