Taco Bell firing Calif. employee for taco licking
IRVINE, Calif. (AP) - June 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Taco Bell is firing a California employee who was photographed licking a stack of taco shells.
The shot was made in March at a Taco Bell in Ridgecrest, 100 miles north of Los Angeles.
Taco Bell Products Inc. says the shells were provided for workers to practice making its new Cool Ranch tacos and were thrown out without being sold.
The Irvine-based company says the photograph was taken for a contest showing employees enjoying their first bite of the product. It wasn't submitted, but a worker posted it to a Facebook page - which violates company policy.
Taco Bell says the worker also violated food handling procedures.
The company says the licker has been suspended and will be fired, while the photographer no longer works at the restaurant.
california, taco bell, national/world
- More Snow on the Way 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 51 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft 55 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- AAA: Prepare your car for winter driving now!
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- More Snow on the Way
54 min ago
- Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
53 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration...
55 min ago