Taco Bell firing Calif. employee for taco licking
IRVINE, Calif. (AP) - June 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Taco Bell is firing a California employee who was photographed licking a stack of taco shells.
The shot was made in March at a Taco Bell in Ridgecrest, 100 miles north of Los Angeles.
Taco Bell Products Inc. says the shells were provided for workers to practice making its new Cool Ranch tacos and were thrown out without being sold.
The Irvine-based company says the photograph was taken for a contest showing employees enjoying their first bite of the product. It wasn't submitted, but a worker posted it to a Facebook page - which violates company policy.
Taco Bell says the worker also violated food handling procedures.
The company says the licker has been suspended and will be fired, while the photographer no longer works at the restaurant.
california, taco bell, national/world
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes 38 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 13 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- No charges for 8 NJ wrestlers in lynching photo
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 34 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
38 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
13 min ago