Ex-Yankee manager's daughter catches falling baby
NEW YORK (AP) - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- The daughter of former New York Yankees manager Joe Torre made a quick-thinking save Wednesday when she caught a baby who had tumbled off of a second-floor Brooklyn apartment's fire escape, the baseball great has confirmed.
Cristina Torre did not respond to a request for comment.
Police said a 44-year-old woman caught a 1-year-old boy who fell from a fire escape outside a Brooklyn apartment building but did not identify the bystander. They said the baby somehow climbed out of the apartment onto the fire escape and tumbled from above. That's when Torre caught the baby as she walked on the sidewalk below.
The baby is in stable condition, police said, while the parents were charged with reckless endangerment and acting in a manner injurious to a child under 17.
new york city, children, new york yankees, national/world
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney 9 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 23 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
9 min ago
- Dead body found during kids' Easter egg hunt
31 min ago
- N.Y. mom arrested for living in U-Haul van
40 min ago
- Texas twin boys fight off carjacker
49 min ago