Ex-Yankee manager's daughter catches falling baby
NEW YORK (AP) - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- The daughter of former New York Yankees manager Joe Torre made a quick-thinking save Wednesday when she caught a baby who had tumbled off of a second-floor Brooklyn apartment's fire escape, the baseball great has confirmed.
Cristina Torre did not respond to a request for comment.
Police said a 44-year-old woman caught a 1-year-old boy who fell from a fire escape outside a Brooklyn apartment building but did not identify the bystander. They said the baby somehow climbed out of the apartment onto the fire escape and tumbled from above. That's when Torre caught the baby as she walked on the sidewalk below.
The baby is in stable condition, police said, while the parents were charged with reckless endangerment and acting in a manner injurious to a child under 17.
new york city, children, new york yankees, national/world
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal 29 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 48 min ago
- No cheer uniforms for North Philadelphia Aztec squad 36 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico 51 min ago
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting 45 min ago
- 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting
45 min ago
- Firefighters battle Hunting Park blaze
40 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
48 min ago