4 shot at NC law firm, Wal-Mart; suspect caught
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) - June 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man with a shotgun wounded one person at a North Carolina law firm before crossing a busy street and entering a Wal-Mart, where he shot three more people before officers subdued him.
Greenville Police Chief Hassan Aden said the suspect was shot by officers at the entrance of the store. He didn't have the conditions of those shot and didn't have a motive. Aden was scheduled to provide additional information at a news conference.
The gunman shot the first person at the Kellum Law Firm on the city's south side and across the street from the Wal-Mart. They said the suspect then crossed five lanes of traffic and entered the store, where he started shooting some more.
Officers located the suspect outside the store and shot him, police said.
Greenville is about 85 miles east of Raleigh.
north carolina, shooting, national/world
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 32 min ago
- Temps Soar