4 shot at NC law firm, Wal-Mart; suspect caught
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) - June 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man with a shotgun wounded one person at a North Carolina law firm before crossing a busy street and entering a Wal-Mart, where he shot three more people before officers subdued him.
Greenville Police Chief Hassan Aden said the suspect was shot by officers at the entrance of the store. He didn't have the conditions of those shot and didn't have a motive. Aden was scheduled to provide additional information at a news conference.
The gunman shot the first person at the Kellum Law Firm on the city's south side and across the street from the Wal-Mart. They said the suspect then crossed five lanes of traffic and entered the store, where he started shooting some more.
Officers located the suspect outside the store and shot him, police said.
Greenville is about 85 miles east of Raleigh.
north carolina, shooting, national/world
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 4 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 2 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad