Ohio half brothers, 9 and 12, fatally shot at home
JACKSON, Ohio (AP) - June 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Preliminary autopsy results indicate a 12-year-old boy shot his younger half brother and then shot himself at their grandparents' home in southern Ohio.
The Jackson County coroner tells media outlets each boy had a gunshot wound to the head. It's unclear whether the first shooting was an accident.
Jackson City Police identified the boys as Austin Wiseman and 9-year-old Blake Campbell. Investigators say they lived together at the home, where the shootings occurred Wednesday in an upstairs bedroom.
Police investigating the case don't believe anyone else was directly involved in the shootings. Authorities have said no one else was at home at the time and that a .44-caliber handgun was recovered.
Jackson is a city of about 7,000 people in mostly rural Appalachian Ohio, about 65 miles south of Columbus.
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 10 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 53 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 23 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
10 min ago