Calif woman gets life for severing husband's penis
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) - June 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A California woman who cut off her husband's penis and threw it in a garbage disposal has been sentenced to life in prison with possibility of parole.
The Orange County district attorney's office says Catherine Kieu was sentenced Friday for a July 2011 attack that mutilated her estranged spouse. Kieu, who's 50, can seek parole in seven years.
The Garden Grove woman was convicted of torture and aggravated mayhem.
Prosecutors said Kieu drugged her husband's tofu with sleeping pills and screamed "You deserve it!" before attacking him with a 10-inch kitchen knife.
Her lawyer argued that she had mental health problems stemming from childhood molestation and sexual abuse by her husband.
In an impact statement during sentencing, the victim said he's been deprived of part of his life and identity.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
32 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
19 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
16 min ago