Calif woman gets life for severing husband's penis
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) - June 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A California woman who cut off her husband's penis and threw it in a garbage disposal has been sentenced to life in prison with possibility of parole.
The Orange County district attorney's office says Catherine Kieu was sentenced Friday for a July 2011 attack that mutilated her estranged spouse. Kieu, who's 50, can seek parole in seven years.
The Garden Grove woman was convicted of torture and aggravated mayhem.
Prosecutors said Kieu drugged her husband's tofu with sleeping pills and screamed "You deserve it!" before attacking him with a 10-inch kitchen knife.
Her lawyer argued that she had mental health problems stemming from childhood molestation and sexual abuse by her husband.
In an impact statement during sentencing, the victim said he's been deprived of part of his life and identity.
- More Snow on the Way 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 40 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 54 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft 44 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced 52 min ago
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete 55 min ago
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition 59 min ago
- AAA: Prepare your car for winter driving now!
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- More Snow on the Way
43 min ago
- Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
42 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
54 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration...
44 min ago