Ford recalls Explorer, Taurus, MKS to fix locks
DADETROIT (AP) - June 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Ford is recalling just over 13,000 Explorer, Taurus and Lincoln MKS cars and SUVs because the child safety locks may not work on the rear doors.
The recall affects 2013 model cars sold mainly in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Ford says the safety locks can be turned off when the doors are opened or closed. That could allow a door to be opened with the inside door handle and possibly hurt a child. The company says no injuries have been reported from the problem.
The recall covers cars and SUVs built from Nov. 29 to Dec. 12 of last year. Dealers will test the locks and replace door latches if needed at no cost to owners.
recall, ford motor company, national/world
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 54 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 45 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 56 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
49 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
56 min ago