Bandits rob cash-courier boat in Venetian lagoon
ROME (AP) - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Italian news reports say three armed bandits pulled up alongside a courier boat in a Venice lagoon and robbed it of nearly 1.3 million euros ($1.7 million) in cash.
Italian news agency ANSA said the heist occurred Monday just after an armored truck delivered three cases of money to the courier boat destined for banks and post offices in Venice. ANSA says the bandits took two cases containing banknotes, but left behind the third one, which was filled with coins.
Venice police said no one was immediately available to give more information. The Venice-based armored courier company Civis declined to give details about the heist on one of its boats.
The report said the courier boat had just left the dock when the bandits' boat pulled up next to it.
italy, theft, national/world
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 5 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 48 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 18 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
5 min ago