Report: 21 hospitalized after condo deck falls
OCEAN ISLE BEACH, N.C. (AP) - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- More than 20 people were taken to hospitals after a second-story deck on a condominium in North Carolina collapsed onto a patio below.
Brunswick County emergency officials say the deck collapsed around 8:15 p.m. Tuesday in Ocean Isle Beach.
Emergency services director Anthony Marzano says the injuries included cuts and broken bones but none of the injuries were life-threatening.
Thirteen people were taken to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Seven were taken to Brunswick Novant Medical Center in Supply and one was flown to New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington.
Marzano says about 25 people were on the deck when it collapsed.
An Ocean Isle official says the home is a private residence that was being rented.
north carolina, national/world
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 36 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 55 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
37 min ago