Report: 21 hospitalized after condo deck falls
OCEAN ISLE BEACH, N.C. (AP) - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- More than 20 people were taken to hospitals after a second-story deck on a condominium in North Carolina collapsed onto a patio below.
Brunswick County emergency officials say the deck collapsed around 8:15 p.m. Tuesday in Ocean Isle Beach.
Emergency services director Anthony Marzano says the injuries included cuts and broken bones but none of the injuries were life-threatening.
Thirteen people were taken to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Seven were taken to Brunswick Novant Medical Center in Supply and one was flown to New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington.
Marzano says about 25 people were on the deck when it collapsed.
An Ocean Isle official says the home is a private residence that was being rented.
north carolina, national/world
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 33 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 17 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 36 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
17 min ago