Suburban teacher raising money to reunite with missing dog
July 10, 2013 (ROUND LAKE, Ill.) -- A Lake County school teacher is trying to reunite with her beloved dog eight years after it was taken from her.
Round Lake teacher Sheryl Jans gave up her Boston Terrier "Koki" eight years ago when her ex-partner took the dog away.
Koki was recently found in a Hawaii pet shelter, though Jans isn't able to afford airfare to bring the dog home. Well-wishers have rallied around Jans' story, and have donated more than $3,400 to reunite the teacher with her beloved pet.
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 5 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 39 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos