Stop frying eggs, Death Valley officials say
DEATH VALLEY NATIONAL PARK, Calif. (AP) - July 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- It gets so hot in Death Valley that you can fry an egg with sun power.
That's what one Death Valley National Park employee did last week, when she took a frying pan to the pavement and posted the video online.
Park visitors park were quick to imitate her, but they didn't use skillets and left gooey messes. The park then issued a plea on its Facebook page to crack down on the egg-frying fiasco.
Death Valley highs have been hovering around 120 degrees, and on Wednesday the park marked the 100th anniversary of the world's hottest day on record - 134 degrees - set there in 1913.
Park rangers say the egg frying has since stopped due to rain and clouds that have rolled across Death Valley.
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 24 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos