Stop frying eggs, Death Valley officials say
DEATH VALLEY NATIONAL PARK, Calif. (AP) - July 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- It gets so hot in Death Valley that you can fry an egg with sun power.
That's what one Death Valley National Park employee did last week, when she took a frying pan to the pavement and posted the video online.
Park visitors park were quick to imitate her, but they didn't use skillets and left gooey messes. The park then issued a plea on its Facebook page to crack down on the egg-frying fiasco.
Death Valley highs have been hovering around 120 degrees, and on Wednesday the park marked the 100th anniversary of the world's hottest day on record - 134 degrees - set there in 1913.
Park rangers say the egg frying has since stopped due to rain and clouds that have rolled across Death Valley.
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death 15 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman 33 min ago
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden 43 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 16 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 4 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro