Flag causes crash on Boston bridge
BOSTON - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man, driving across a bridge into Boston, suddenly found himself unable to see, when a massive American flag landed across his windshield.
Video shows a large flag blowing in the wind over the Zakim Bridge.
Moments later, it breaks loose and drifts down onto a driver.
Val Demchev avoided hitting other cars, but his car spun out and crashed into the median.
The state Department of Transportation put the 30 by 40 foot flag up, before the Fourth of July.
They say, the rope holding it up frayed and snapped.
boston, massachusetts, accident, national/world
- Police search for missing Delco mother 11 min ago
- Record Warmth! 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man 42 min ago
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 46 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
46 min ago
- Record Warmth!
8 min ago