Flag causes crash on Boston bridge
BOSTON - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man, driving across a bridge into Boston, suddenly found himself unable to see, when a massive American flag landed across his windshield.
Video shows a large flag blowing in the wind over the Zakim Bridge.
Moments later, it breaks loose and drifts down onto a driver.
Val Demchev avoided hitting other cars, but his car spun out and crashed into the median.
The state Department of Transportation put the 30 by 40 foot flag up, before the Fourth of July.
They say, the rope holding it up frayed and snapped.
boston, massachusetts, accident, national/world
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies