Ohio boy dies after becoming wedged amid furniture
LEBANON, Ohio (AP) - July 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 5-year-old Ohio boy with cerebral palsy became wedged between furniture and suffocated to death while playing with his twin brother.
Investigators say Christian Shelton died Monday after he got stuck between a couch and a chair that had been pushed into a reclining position while the twins played at their Hamilton Township home.
A Warren County coroner's investigator says Christian's twin also has cerebral palsy and couldn't get the recliner, whose frame covered part of his brother's neck and chest, to go forward.
Their father tried to resuscitate his son, who was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that family members considered the boys miracle babies because they survived being born at 23 weeks with cerebral palsy.
ohio, child death, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 51 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 56 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
51 min ago
- Milder Monday
54 min ago