Ohio boy dies after becoming wedged amid furniture
LEBANON, Ohio (AP) - July 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 5-year-old Ohio boy with cerebral palsy became wedged between furniture and suffocated to death while playing with his twin brother.
Investigators say Christian Shelton died Monday after he got stuck between a couch and a chair that had been pushed into a reclining position while the twins played at their Hamilton Township home.
A Warren County coroner's investigator says Christian's twin also has cerebral palsy and couldn't get the recliner, whose frame covered part of his brother's neck and chest, to go forward.
Their father tried to resuscitate his son, who was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that family members considered the boys miracle babies because they survived being born at 23 weeks with cerebral palsy.
ohio, child death, national/world
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 9 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies