Ohio boy dies after becoming wedged amid furniture
LEBANON, Ohio (AP) - July 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 5-year-old Ohio boy with cerebral palsy became wedged between furniture and suffocated to death while playing with his twin brother.
Investigators say Christian Shelton died Monday after he got stuck between a couch and a chair that had been pushed into a reclining position while the twins played at their Hamilton Township home.
A Warren County coroner's investigator says Christian's twin also has cerebral palsy and couldn't get the recliner, whose frame covered part of his brother's neck and chest, to go forward.
Their father tried to resuscitate his son, who was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that family members considered the boys miracle babies because they survived being born at 23 weeks with cerebral palsy.
ohio, child death, national/world
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police