Indiana boy dies after baseball hits head, neck
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - July 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- An 8-year-old eastern Indiana boy has died after a baseball hit him in the head and neck.
The Marion County Coroner's Office says Dylan Williams died of blunt force trauma Thursday, two days after suffering the injury in Union City, about 75 miles northeast of Indianapolis.
Coroner's office manager Marchele Hall tells The Indianapolis Star an autopsy showed the injury occurred on the right side of the boy's head and neck.
The boy was hit by a ball that had been thrown during practice Tuesday evening. He was taken to a hospital in Winchester, then transferred to an Indianapolis hospital.
Union City Fire Chief Gary Moore tells The (Muncie) Star Press that organizers of the baseball program were arranging help and counseling for other children who witnessed the accident.
indiana, child death, national/world
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book