California police rescue child from hot car
PALMDALE, Calif. - July 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A California police officer helped a 4-year-old boy free himself from a scorching hot car.
The boy's mother accidentally locked her keys in the car, along with her son and her pet dog.
She immediately called police.
Temperatures in Palmdale were close to 100 degrees.
The boy finally got out after being trapped for about 30 minutes.
Police say he is doing fine.
The mother is not expected to be charged.
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Up to $50K stolen in Target armed robbery 2 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 37 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!