Couple wounded in Colorado theater shooting weds on anniversary
AURORA, Colo. - July 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people injured in the theater shooting in Aurora, Colo., one year ago marked the anniversary Saturday afternoon by getting married.
Eugene Han and Kirstin Davis said they wanted to turn July 20 into a celebration.
Friends who also survived the shooting took part in the ceremony at Village East Baptist Church in Aurora as senior pastor Robert McClendon gave a prayer for the couple and for those still grieving.
McClendon said the time is "both happy and sacred."
Han and Davis were among the 70 people injured in the shooting. Twelve people were killed.
colorado, colorado theater shooting, weddings, national/world
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs