Van backs over Massachusetts woman repeatedly, killing her
LYNN, Mass. (AP) - July 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities and witnesses say a van backing out of a parking spot in Massachusetts repeatedly struck a 60-year-old woman pushing her baby granddaughter in a carriage, killing the woman.
Lynn police say the baby was taken to a hospital but did not appear to be seriously hurt.
The woman was struck Sunday after two teens asked her for directions so they could call for a ride. Eighteen-year-old Moises Baez and 17-year-old Amanda Arsenault tell The Daily Item they watched the van run over the woman several times and helped pull the baby to safety. Baez says he yelled at the driver to stop.
The Essex district attorney's office identified the woman as Kathleen Partland, the baby's grandmother.
The driver is from Revere, but his name was not released pending the investigation.
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 52 min ago