Van backs over Massachusetts woman repeatedly, killing her
LYNN, Mass. (AP) - July 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities and witnesses say a van backing out of a parking spot in Massachusetts repeatedly struck a 60-year-old woman pushing her baby granddaughter in a carriage, killing the woman.
Lynn police say the baby was taken to a hospital but did not appear to be seriously hurt.
The woman was struck Sunday after two teens asked her for directions so they could call for a ride. Eighteen-year-old Moises Baez and 17-year-old Amanda Arsenault tell The Daily Item they watched the van run over the woman several times and helped pull the baby to safety. Baez says he yelled at the driver to stop.
The Essex district attorney's office identified the woman as Kathleen Partland, the baby's grandmother.
The driver is from Revere, but his name was not released pending the investigation.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 30 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ