Van backs over Massachusetts woman repeatedly, killing her
LYNN, Mass. (AP) - July 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities and witnesses say a van backing out of a parking spot in Massachusetts repeatedly struck a 60-year-old woman pushing her baby granddaughter in a carriage, killing the woman.
Lynn police say the baby was taken to a hospital but did not appear to be seriously hurt.
The woman was struck Sunday after two teens asked her for directions so they could call for a ride. Eighteen-year-old Moises Baez and 17-year-old Amanda Arsenault tell The Daily Item they watched the van run over the woman several times and helped pull the baby to safety. Baez says he yelled at the driver to stop.
The Essex district attorney's office identified the woman as Kathleen Partland, the baby's grandmother.
The driver is from Revere, but his name was not released pending the investigation.
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 33 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 19 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 25 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 56 min ago