Weiner presses ahead amid calls to quit NYC race
NEW YORK (AP) - July 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Anthony Weiner is forging ahead with his mayoral campaign and shrugging off calls for him to quit amid a new round of revelations about his salacious online exchanges with women.
The ex-congressman told reporters Wednesday that he posited his campaign on a bet that citizens are more interested in the challenges they face than in anything embarrassing he's done in his past.
Some rivals and newspapers are pressing the Democrat to bow out a day after he acknowledged he kept sexting even after it cost him his congressional career two years ago. But he's preparing to testify at a public housing hearing and participate in a candidate forum Wednesday.
The gossip website The Dirty this week posted X-rated messages and a photo it said the married politician exchanged with a woman last year.
anthony weiner, new york, national/world
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Wintry Weekend
4 min ago