Baby's body found in car trunk at Ohio auto shop
SHELBY, Ohio (AP) - July 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a mechanic working on a car found a baby's body inside a box in the vehicle's trunk at a repair shop in northern Ohio.
Police in Shelby say the mechanic discovered the body Tuesday after noticing a strange odor.
Investigators say the mechanic realized the odor was coming from the trunk, opened it and found the box. When the mechanic went to put the box to the curb for disposal, he opened it and found the body.
Police say the car's driver is a 17-year-old girl. She is being interviewed.
Shelby Police Chief Charlie Roub tells the Mansfield News Journal it's not clear how long the body had been inside the car.
ohio, automobiles, baby death, teens, national/world
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 24 min ago
- Record Warmth! 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 31 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
31 min ago
- Record Warmth!
19 min ago