Guinness record holder for shoes killed in California
MENIFEE, Calif. (AP) - July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Southern California woman who held a Guinness World Record for collecting shoe-related items has been found dead in her pool, and her former boyfriend has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The Riverside Press-Enterprise reports 58-year-old Darlene Flynn was found dead at her Menifee home on Monday. She had suffered blunt-force injuries.
Sheriff's deputies answering a report of an argument found her body in the backyard pool and saw a shirtless man run from the property.
Twenty-nine-year-old Justin Smith was later arrested near a highway. He remains in jail Wednesday.
Acquaintances tell the Press-Enterprise the couple had frequent arguments and had broken up.
The Guinness Book of World Records says Flynn had nearly 15,000 shoe-related items, including shoe-shaped furniture, lamps and jewelry.
homicide, california, national/world
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 19 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 26 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
45 min ago