Guinness record holder for shoes killed in California
MENIFEE, Calif. (AP) - July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Southern California woman who held a Guinness World Record for collecting shoe-related items has been found dead in her pool, and her former boyfriend has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The Riverside Press-Enterprise reports 58-year-old Darlene Flynn was found dead at her Menifee home on Monday. She had suffered blunt-force injuries.
Sheriff's deputies answering a report of an argument found her body in the backyard pool and saw a shirtless man run from the property.
Twenty-nine-year-old Justin Smith was later arrested near a highway. He remains in jail Wednesday.
Acquaintances tell the Press-Enterprise the couple had frequent arguments and had broken up.
The Guinness Book of World Records says Flynn had nearly 15,000 shoe-related items, including shoe-shaped furniture, lamps and jewelry.
homicide, california, national/world
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 52 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete 54 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 3 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
24 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
3 min ago