Guinness record holder for shoes killed in California
MENIFEE, Calif. (AP) - July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Southern California woman who held a Guinness World Record for collecting shoe-related items has been found dead in her pool, and her former boyfriend has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The Riverside Press-Enterprise reports 58-year-old Darlene Flynn was found dead at her Menifee home on Monday. She had suffered blunt-force injuries.
Sheriff's deputies answering a report of an argument found her body in the backyard pool and saw a shirtless man run from the property.
Twenty-nine-year-old Justin Smith was later arrested near a highway. He remains in jail Wednesday.
Acquaintances tell the Press-Enterprise the couple had frequent arguments and had broken up.
The Guinness Book of World Records says Flynn had nearly 15,000 shoe-related items, including shoe-shaped furniture, lamps and jewelry.
homicide, california, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 47 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ