Obama, Clinton meeting for lunch at White House
WASHINGTON (AP) - July 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's the most talked about lunch in the nation's capital.
President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are dining privately at the White House Monday. While it's not the first time the pair have seen each other since Clinton left the administration earlier this year, each of their get-togethers are closely analyzed.
That's because Clinton is considered a leading contender to replace Obama, though she hasn't said whether she'll launch another presidential campaign.
The president is also being watched for signs of who he will support in the race to replace him. Vice President Joe Biden is also believed to be considering a run for the White House, potentially leaving Obama caught between two of his closest advisers.
washington, d.c., hillary clinton, president barack obama, national/world
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom talks 25 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 57 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom...
25 min ago