Obama, Clinton meeting for lunch at White House
WASHINGTON (AP) - July 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's the most talked about lunch in the nation's capital.
President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are dining privately at the White House Monday. While it's not the first time the pair have seen each other since Clinton left the administration earlier this year, each of their get-togethers are closely analyzed.
That's because Clinton is considered a leading contender to replace Obama, though she hasn't said whether she'll launch another presidential campaign.
The president is also being watched for signs of who he will support in the race to replace him. Vice President Joe Biden is also believed to be considering a run for the White House, potentially leaving Obama caught between two of his closest advisers.
washington, d.c., hillary clinton, president barack obama, national/world
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 55 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 7 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 34 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 49 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases