4 injured when car crashes into Missouri day care
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say an SUV rear-ended a parked car and sent the vehicle crashing through a Kansas City day care center.
Three children and the SUV's driver were injured in Tuesday's wreck at the Christian Academy Child Care east of downtown. All were in stable condition at a hospital, and the injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
About 40 children were inside the center when the Range Rover struck the back of the parked Cadillac and sent it through the front of the building. Police say the SUV driver was "approximately 80" years old.
Kansas City police Capt. Tye Grant said two children were trapped under the Cadillac.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
missouri, accident, national/world
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 51 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
51 min ago