4 injured when car crashes into Missouri day care
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say an SUV rear-ended a parked car and sent the vehicle crashing through a Kansas City day care center.
Three children and the SUV's driver were injured in Tuesday's wreck at the Christian Academy Child Care east of downtown. All were in stable condition at a hospital, and the injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
About 40 children were inside the center when the Range Rover struck the back of the parked Cadillac and sent it through the front of the building. Police say the SUV driver was "approximately 80" years old.
Kansas City police Capt. Tye Grant said two children were trapped under the Cadillac.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
missouri, accident, national/world
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders 22 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 2 min ago
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera 10 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender 21 min ago
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion