California boy found in washing machine dies
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating the death of an 8-year-old Southern California boy who was found inside a washing machine at his home.
Authorities say the boy's father found him head-first with his legs sticking out of a water-filled top-loader at their Castaic home last Wednesday night and pulled him out.
Los Angeles County sheriff's officials say the father had been working in the yard and the boy's mother had gone to the store.
The boy wasn't breathing when firefighters arrived. He was resuscitated and hospitalized but died Sunday. His name wasn't released.
Sheriff's homicide detectives are investigating the death.
california, child death, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 7 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 47 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ