California boy found in washing machine dies
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating the death of an 8-year-old Southern California boy who was found inside a washing machine at his home.
Authorities say the boy's father found him head-first with his legs sticking out of a water-filled top-loader at their Castaic home last Wednesday night and pulled him out.
Los Angeles County sheriff's officials say the father had been working in the yard and the boy's mother had gone to the store.
The boy wasn't breathing when firefighters arrived. He was resuscitated and hospitalized but died Sunday. His name wasn't released.
Sheriff's homicide detectives are investigating the death.
california, child death, national/world
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 5 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 37 min ago
- Temps Soar