Powerball jackpot reaches $400M for Wednesday
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - August 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Dreamers hoping to strike it rich quick plunked down $2 a ticket hoping to win a Powerball jackpot estimated to be at least $300 million.
The winning numbers for Saturday's drawing were 21, 24, 36, 42, and 45, with the Powerball 15. There were no jackpot winners for Saturday's drawing.
The next drawing will be Wednesday, and the revised estimated jackpot is $400 million, well below the record $590.5 million jackpot that was won in May by an 84-year-old Florida widow.
Saturday's pot was big enough, though, to attract casual players who only buy tickets when they think the payoff is big and potentially life-changing.
The odds of matching all six numbers are 1 in 175.2 million.
Powerball is played in 43 states, Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
lottery, powerball, national/world
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 20 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 45 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 37 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ