California man suspected of killing woman, taking kids
CAMPO, Calif. (AP) - August 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- The bodies of a woman and child were found inside a burned rural house near the U.S.-Mexico border in San Diego County, and the man who owns and lives in the home is suspected of killing her and may have abducted her missing children, officials said Monday.
Firefighters extinguishing the blaze at the house in Boulevard, southeast of San Diego, found Christina Anderson dead inside, and investigators later determined the 44-year-old was the victim of a homicide, sheriff's officials said in a statement. They did not say how she was killed.
After the fire was out, authorities looking through a detached garage found another burned body - a child whose identity and manner of death remained undetermined, sheriff's officials said. They wouldn't say whether the body may have been one of Anderson's two children, Hannah, 16, and Ethan, 8.
A dog was also found dead inside the house.
An Amber Alert was issued Monday night for the two children, and officials said they may have been abducted by James Lee Dimaggio, 40.
DiMaggio, who owns the home and lives there alone, was in a "close platonic relationship" with Anderson, the sheriff's statement said without further explanation.
The Amber Alert said DiMaggio is believed to be driving a blue Nissan Versa with California license plates.
california, amber alert, national/world
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm 58 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
58 min ago