California man suspected of killing woman, taking kids
CAMPO, Calif. (AP) - August 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- The bodies of a woman and child were found inside a burned rural house near the U.S.-Mexico border in San Diego County, and the man who owns and lives in the home is suspected of killing her and may have abducted her missing children, officials said Monday.
Firefighters extinguishing the blaze at the house in Boulevard, southeast of San Diego, found Christina Anderson dead inside, and investigators later determined the 44-year-old was the victim of a homicide, sheriff's officials said in a statement. They did not say how she was killed.
After the fire was out, authorities looking through a detached garage found another burned body - a child whose identity and manner of death remained undetermined, sheriff's officials said. They wouldn't say whether the body may have been one of Anderson's two children, Hannah, 16, and Ethan, 8.
A dog was also found dead inside the house.
An Amber Alert was issued Monday night for the two children, and officials said they may have been abducted by James Lee Dimaggio, 40.
DiMaggio, who owns the home and lives there alone, was in a "close platonic relationship" with Anderson, the sheriff's statement said without further explanation.
The Amber Alert said DiMaggio is believed to be driving a blue Nissan Versa with California license plates.
california, amber alert, national/world
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos