California man cuts off hands with saw, deputies say
REDDING, Calif. (AP) - August 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Northern California man is accused of stabbing his father with a pair of scissors before using a power saw to cut off his own hands.
Twenty-seven-year-old Jason Dunn pleaded not guilty on Monday in a Shasta County courtroom to an attempted murder charge in the attack on his father, Gregory. The Record Searchlight of Redding reports Jason Dunn appeared in court with his hands reattached but heavily bandaged.
According to court records, deputies who went to a Redding area home on June 17 found the elder Dunn lying in the driveway with multiple stab wounds and Jason Dunn standing nearby with both of his hands severed at the wrists.
Authorities say Jason Dunn acknowledged stabbing his father with a scissors and cutting off his own hands with a radial arm saw, which is a circular saw mounted on a stand. He allegedly said the two men had been in an argument.
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing Malaysian jet 31 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 16 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
20 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing...
31 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
16 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos