George W. Bush doing well after heart procedure
DALLAS (AP) - August 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- An aide says former President George W. Bush is "doing great" while recovering from a heart procedure at a Dallas hospital and should be going home soon.
Spokesman Freddy Ford says the 43rd president is expected to be discharged Wednesday. He would not give a specific time.
Doctors at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital on Tuesday inserted a stent to help prop open an artery. The blockage was discovered Monday during Bush's annual physical at a clinic in Dallas, where he lives.
Ford says the 67-year-old former president is expected to resume his normal schedule by Thursday.
Bush has a reputation as a fitness buff and is known to enjoy jogging, riding bicycles and doing other exercise to keep in shape.
texas, george w bush, national/world
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 11 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 24 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 3 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began 7 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 53 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad