Florida teen dies after being shocked by police
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - August 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Miami Beach police say an 18-year-old died after being shocked with a stun gun as he resisted arrest for spraying graffiti.
Chief Ray Martinez told the Miami Herald that officers spotted Israel Hernandez-Llach painting graffiti on an abandoned fast-food restaurant early Tuesday. Martinez said the teen ran, but was eventually cornered. He said Hernandez-Llach then ran at the officers and one shot him with a Taser in the chest. The teen went into medical duress and died at a hospital.
The teen's friends told the Herald that Hernandez-Llach was originally from Colombia. His teachers at Miami Beach High School said he was a talented artist and photographer.
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 6 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail 1 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 35 min ago
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint 44 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 22 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Temps Soar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
35 min ago