Missing California man found dead in freezer at storage facility
VENTURA, Calif. (AP) - August 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a Southern California woman and her son after the body of her missing boyfriend was found in her storage unit's freezer.
Ventura police Cmdr. Darin Schindler said Thursday that officers found the body of Orange County's Jeffrey Korber in a working freezer after searching his girlfriend's storage unit as part of a homicide investigation.
Now, Schindler says, police are seeking more information about 66-year-old Mary Hannan and her 49-year-old son Michael Bresnak.
Authorities believe Bresnak killed Korber but have not yet charged him as he is currently being held by police on an unrelated violation. Schindler says investigators believe Hannan helped her son store the body but she has not been arrested.
Korber was reported missing in July 2011 by his brother in Laguna Beach.
california, missing person, national/world
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 12 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
12 min ago