Missing California man found dead in freezer at storage facility
VENTURA, Calif. (AP) - August 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a Southern California woman and her son after the body of her missing boyfriend was found in her storage unit's freezer.
Ventura police Cmdr. Darin Schindler said Thursday that officers found the body of Orange County's Jeffrey Korber in a working freezer after searching his girlfriend's storage unit as part of a homicide investigation.
Now, Schindler says, police are seeking more information about 66-year-old Mary Hannan and her 49-year-old son Michael Bresnak.
Authorities believe Bresnak killed Korber but have not yet charged him as he is currently being held by police on an unrelated violation. Schindler says investigators believe Hannan helped her son store the body but she has not been arrested.
Korber was reported missing in July 2011 by his brother in Laguna Beach.
california, missing person, national/world
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 44 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 11 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 14 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball