2 friends of Boston marathon bomber indicted
BOSTON (AP) - August 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two friends of the suspected Boston Marathon bomber have been indicted on obstruction conspiracy charges.
Dias Kadyrbayev and Azamat Tazhayakov are accused of trying to dispose of evidence from Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's dorm room.
Authorities say they later found some of the items in a New Bedford landfill.
The two 19-year-olds have been detained since they were initially charged in May. If convicted, they face up to 20 years in prison.
An attorney for Tazhayakov says his client did nothing wrong and that he has tried for the last several months to persuade authorities to drop the charges. He says he and his client both agree that authorities are on a "witch hunt."
Kadyrbayev's attorney didn't immediately return a message for comment.
boston, boston marathon bombing, national/world
- Runway littered with holiday mail 24 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 28 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 16 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive 35 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 18 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 47 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Warmer Weekend
54 min ago