2 friends of Boston marathon bomber indicted
BOSTON (AP) - August 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two friends of the suspected Boston Marathon bomber have been indicted on obstruction conspiracy charges.
Dias Kadyrbayev and Azamat Tazhayakov are accused of trying to dispose of evidence from Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's dorm room.
Authorities say they later found some of the items in a New Bedford landfill.
The two 19-year-olds have been detained since they were initially charged in May. If convicted, they face up to 20 years in prison.
An attorney for Tazhayakov says his client did nothing wrong and that he has tried for the last several months to persuade authorities to drop the charges. He says he and his client both agree that authorities are on a "witch hunt."
Kadyrbayev's attorney didn't immediately return a message for comment.
boston, boston marathon bombing, national/world
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police