NYC man arrested in accident that killed 4-year-old child
NEW YORK - August 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 33-year-old New York City man has been arrested after he allegedly mowed down a family with his car, killing a 4-year-old boy.
Police say John Sanjurjo of Staten Island was arrested Saturday on charges of leaving the scene of an accident.
The child was with a 34-year-old woman and a 7-year-old girl when they were struck by a Mercedes Benz around 8:25 p.m. Friday near a Staten Island deli. Police say the driver sped off after the accident.
The woman and girl weren't badly hurt, but the boy was pronounced dead at Staten Island University Hospital.
Police have identified the slain child as Kyrillos Gendy of South Amboy, N.J.
Authorities say the boy was visiting relatives at a nearby home when the accident occurred.
new york, new york city, hit and run, accident, national/world
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash