NYC man arrested in accident that killed 4-year-old child
NEW YORK - August 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 33-year-old New York City man has been arrested after he allegedly mowed down a family with his car, killing a 4-year-old boy.
Police say John Sanjurjo of Staten Island was arrested Saturday on charges of leaving the scene of an accident.
The child was with a 34-year-old woman and a 7-year-old girl when they were struck by a Mercedes Benz around 8:25 p.m. Friday near a Staten Island deli. Police say the driver sped off after the accident.
The woman and girl weren't badly hurt, but the boy was pronounced dead at Staten Island University Hospital.
Police have identified the slain child as Kyrillos Gendy of South Amboy, N.J.
Authorities say the boy was visiting relatives at a nearby home when the accident occurred.
new york, new york city, hit and run, accident, national/world
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ