NYC man arrested in accident that killed 4-year-old child
NEW YORK - August 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 33-year-old New York City man has been arrested after he allegedly mowed down a family with his car, killing a 4-year-old boy.
Police say John Sanjurjo of Staten Island was arrested Saturday on charges of leaving the scene of an accident.
The child was with a 34-year-old woman and a 7-year-old girl when they were struck by a Mercedes Benz around 8:25 p.m. Friday near a Staten Island deli. Police say the driver sped off after the accident.
The woman and girl weren't badly hurt, but the boy was pronounced dead at Staten Island University Hospital.
Police have identified the slain child as Kyrillos Gendy of South Amboy, N.J.
Authorities say the boy was visiting relatives at a nearby home when the accident occurred.
new york, new york city, hit and run, accident, national/world
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 37 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 26 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 39 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 31 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
39 min ago