Several hurt in Kansas when school bus overturns
BONNER SPRINGS, Kan. (AP) - August 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Several children are injured after their school bus crashed in northeast Kansas, but officials say no one was critically hurt.
The bus overturned Wednesday afternoon in Bonner Springs while carrying students from Pembroke Hill School, a private school in nearby Kansas City, Mo.
School spokeswoman Beth Bryant says eight sixth-grade girls were hurt but that no one suffered life-threatening injuries.
Bryant says the bus was carrying 30 sixth-grade girls to a campout when it crashed along a ramp connecting Kansas 7 and Kansas 32. She says the other 22 girls were being taken to a local high school to be picked up by their parents.
Television images showed the bus on its side, with paramedics placing children on stretchers.
Bonner Springs is about 18 miles west of Kansas City, Mo.
kansas, bus crash, national/world
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ