Anthony Weiner involved in minor car crash in NYC
NEW YORK (AP) - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner has emerged unscathed from a minor car crash on a busy Manhattan highway.
Weiner's spokeswoman says the car he was riding in was involved in a chain-reaction crash Saturday morning on the FDR Drive, which runs along the borough's east side.
It wasn't immediately clear where Weiner was headed or if he was on official business.
A Fire Department of New York spokeswoman says no one was hurt in the crash. She says it happened near East 96th Street.
Weiner is seeking the Democratic nomination for mayor. The primary is Sept. 10.
accident, new york city, national/world
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 4 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos