Donald Trump responds to lawsuit filed by NY Attorney General
NEW YORK (AP) - August 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Donald Trump is blasting New York's attorney general as a "political hack." And Trump says he personally reviewed instructor applications for his "Trump University."
The real estate tycoon made the comments Monday in phone interviews on two morning TV shows. He was responding to a $40 million lawsuit that state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman filed over the weekend.
The lawsuit claims Trump University promised to make students rich but instead steered them into expensive and mostly useless seminars.
It also alleges he never picked a single instructor, as he claimed.
Trump spoke on ABC's "Good Morning America" and NBC's "Today."
He said he didn't want to settle the lawsuit "on principle."
Scheneiderman declined to comment on Monday.
new york city, lawsuit, donald trump, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 33 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ