Donald Trump responds to lawsuit filed by NY Attorney General
NEW YORK (AP) - August 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Donald Trump is blasting New York's attorney general as a "political hack." And Trump says he personally reviewed instructor applications for his "Trump University."
The real estate tycoon made the comments Monday in phone interviews on two morning TV shows. He was responding to a $40 million lawsuit that state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman filed over the weekend.
The lawsuit claims Trump University promised to make students rich but instead steered them into expensive and mostly useless seminars.
It also alleges he never picked a single instructor, as he claimed.
Trump spoke on ABC's "Good Morning America" and NBC's "Today."
He said he didn't want to settle the lawsuit "on principle."
Scheneiderman declined to comment on Monday.
new york city, lawsuit, donald trump, national/world
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 3 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 29 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 23 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 50 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery 42 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Tracking Weekend Storm
3 min ago
More 6abc.com links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos