Zimmerman's wife to 'think about' staying married
SANFORD, Fla. (AP) - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- George Zimmerman's wife says she's going to have to "think about" whether she stays married to him.
Shellie Zimmerman made the comments to ABC on Wednesday after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor perjury charge for lying during a bail hearing following her husband's arrest for the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in February 2012.
She also said she wasn't home the night of the shooting because she'd had a fight with her husband.
She says the couple lived "like gypsies" in the months after George Zimmerman was released on bail, spending nights in a 20-foot trailer deep in the woods.
Her husband wasn't in court with her as she was sentenced to a year's probation and 100 hours of community service.
He was acquitted of second-degree murder in July.
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip 54 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 41 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
46 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
41 min ago