Man tells 911 he killed wife, she had cancer
LONDON, Ky. (AP) - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Kentucky man who says he killed his cancer-stricken wife at her request called police to confess just minutes after the shooting.
Ernest Chris Chumbley told a 911 dispatcher in Laurel County he shot his wife twice in the face Wednesday night with a .32-caliber handgun. Chumbley later told media outlets from jail that she wanted her pain to end.
Chumbley cries throughout the 16-minute 911 call and says his wife had an appointment with her cancer doctor Thursday morning. At one point, he asks the dispatcher if he can go see his wife's body in the bedroom, but he is told not to move.
The 48-year-old Chumbley is charged with murder. His defense attorney, Kelly Ridings, said Thursday that it was too early in the case to comment.
kentucky, cancer, shooting, national/world
- Photos: Pictures of Wawa car theft suspects 34 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 49 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park 32 min ago
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 29 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly