1 dead, 2 injured in Miami-area lightning strike
MIAMI - September 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A lightning strike has killed one man and injured two others in a semi-rural area southwest of Miami.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue officials say the men were outdoors Monday afternoon when a major storm passed through the area.
Authorities say the men tried to hide underneath a tractor-trailer truck but it was struck by lightning.
According to authorities, the energy passed through the trailer and into the men.
The two injured men were taken by ambulance to a trauma center for treatment. Their condition was not immediately known.
florida, lightning, severe weather, national/world
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run