Apparent murder-suicide near Maryland college campus
SALISBURY, Md. - September 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people are dead and one injured after a shooting near a college campus in Maryland.
It happened at 8:00 p.m. Tuesday near Salisbury University in Salisbury.
Police say a man who was not a student at the school, shot and killed another man, then shot and killed himself.
A woman, said to be a student at the school, was wounded.
She was flown to Baltimore for treatment.
There was no immediate word on her condition, or on what prompted the shootings.
The university's president posted the following statement on the school's website Tuesday night:
"Many of you have heard about this evening's shooting on Onley Road, near campus. The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office has described this as a murder-suicide. The alleged perpetrator no longer poses a threat to the campus or the greater community, as he is one of the deceased. Neither of the two individuals who died is believed to be a Salisbury University student. I am, however, saddened to inform you that another victim is an SU student. She has been flown to the University of Maryland Medical Center Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore. We extend our compassion and prayers to the victims' and student's families and friends."
shooting, college, maryland, national/world
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 50 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 6 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
50 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
56 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos