Apparent murder-suicide near Maryland college campus
SALISBURY, Md. - September 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people are dead and one injured after a shooting near a college campus in Maryland.
It happened at 8:00 p.m. Tuesday near Salisbury University in Salisbury.
Police say a man who was not a student at the school, shot and killed another man, then shot and killed himself.
A woman, said to be a student at the school, was wounded.
She was flown to Baltimore for treatment.
There was no immediate word on her condition, or on what prompted the shootings.
The university's president posted the following statement on the school's website Tuesday night:
"Many of you have heard about this evening's shooting on Onley Road, near campus. The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office has described this as a murder-suicide. The alleged perpetrator no longer poses a threat to the campus or the greater community, as he is one of the deceased. Neither of the two individuals who died is believed to be a Salisbury University student. I am, however, saddened to inform you that another victim is an SU student. She has been flown to the University of Maryland Medical Center Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore. We extend our compassion and prayers to the victims' and student's families and friends."
shooting, college, maryland, national/world
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet